Sunday, August 3, 2008

A KSG Self Affirmation

It took me many painful years to accept myself as a KSG. Yes, I know it sounds rather pathetic and unbelievable. But it's true.

No doubt that it is the opposite of the more common lamentations of "I'm Not Good Enough." However, let me assure you that as shocking as it might seem, I have plenty of company on this side of my pasture.


My KSG journey began in my teenage years. Young, naive and full of insecurities about myself. I began to notice stares. Particularly from the opposite sex. I couldn't understand and there was no one available to shed light to my confusion.

You might doubt it but I had serious self esteem issues as a young girl. It was not entirely a picture perfect kind of family I had. Well, let's just say every family has its own dirty laundry. It made me grow up all closed up.

I recall my deep annoyance and anger every time I got these lingering glances from strange men. My then boyfriend always laughed whenever I say I would relish digging out those lusty eyeballs with a spoon. Yes, that was the extent of my anguish.

Years of modeling and dancing has thankfully returned me my self confidence. And equally important, the acceptance that these stares will be here to stay. And I began to enjoy that power I possessed. From being a woman. And being a confidence woman.

It is intoxicating. Like an extremely potent secret. You learn to ignore it when it served no useful purpose. Use it to your advantage when it's required to achieve a certain outcome. And to be discerning enough to know when to tune it down and when to go town with it.

Only after I have learnt to manage my KSG destiny, did I had the right frame of mind to look around and realise that many women out there would give an arm to have my sort of challenges! With a gift comes responsibility.

So now, I have a fervent wish to develop programs that can help women out there to enjoy the sort of challenges that tortured the 17 years old me! :)

Life was never meant to be challenge free,
and I wouldn't want that for you.
but i wish for life to bring to you the kind of challenges,
that will lift you up rather than bring you down.


Meanwhile, do check out Way Back Into Love (WBIL) if you want to enjoy a Happier, Healthier and more SensUal way of life!

No comments: