Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mr In Between

I had a very interesting conversation with a guy friend last evening. He is a mutual friend whom I have met a couple of times. Just for fun and to ensure my men observation skills are still up to standard (yes, I admit I'm a workaholic), I decided to put myself to the test.

Everything that I deduced about him was accurate and he was smiling at my assessment. He is this rather attractive, tall and lanky guy. Always well dressed, says the right things AND keeps a distance.

Apparently it is because he is clearly aware that he is an ideal Mr In Between. However, knowing how most women are always looking for "the one" which is not something that he will be looking at in the near future, he decided that a cool exterior will be the safest way to avoid misunderstandings.

To me, I think it is a very considerate act from a man. This protects women who might be interested in him and is seeing him as a potential "the one".

From a man's point of view, you can see how this is actually to his disadvantage. Because he takes an upfront and honest approach, and not all women would be able to stomach such "in between" relationships, he has drastically decreased the pool of available women.

Still, I feel comforted that there still men who are aware that what they want which might not coincide with what most women want. And hence, they take a sensible approach to the situation while willingly accept the shortfall and disadvantages to the approach.

Kudos to men of such virtue..

Would you be willing to be with Mr In Between while looking for Mr Right?

Or do you think that if there is no destination, you wouldn't even be interested in a joyride?

Oh well, you decide.

No comments: